Taking for Granted
Should I reflect?
Is it my fault?
Am I doing too much?
So much
So naturally
That you no longer notice
That you take me for granted
Perhaps I should reflect
Perhaps it is my fault
Perhaps I am doing too much
So much
So naturally
That you just accept as your right
That you forget that it is not so
I think I know
It is my fault
I am doing too much
So much of what I do
So very naturally
Is just being taken
For granted
You take me for granted
Am I being too nice
Am I being too amendable
Just because I am capable
Does not mean
You can take me for granted
Remember that
Just because I do
Everything
So much
So naturally
It is not your right to expect
It is not your right to take for granted
I owe you nothing
Just because I can
Just because I am capable
Just because I am me
It does not mean
You can take me for granted
You have no right
To take me for granted
Bear in mind
That I do what I do because
I can
Because I want to
Yes I can
Yes I am able to
But
Bear in mind
That I can
Stop
If I want to
And I will
If you carry on
To take me for granted
Because
Really
You have no right
To take me for granted.
~ Kel. 2 October 2006
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment