How do I doubt thee? Le me count the ways
How do I doubt thee? Let me count the ways
I doubt thee to the depth and breadth and height
My thoughts can think, when feeling out of sorts
For in the hearts of heart, lies unconscious vulnerability.
I doubt thee to the level of each day
Where trust wrestles with doubt, by day and by night
I doubt thee often, as women are to maladies of self doubt:
I doubt thee painfully, as I torment myself.
I doubt thee with a darkness that put our love
With a sinister tinge, and with my lack of faith
With my lost sanity --- I doubt thee with my heart,
Mind, soul of me, such insecurity! --- and, if only you would prove true
I shall but doubt thee not if I could but believe thee.
If only faith and trust came so easily.
Kel. 10 May 2005.
How do I doubt thee? Let me count the ways
I doubt thee to the depth and breadth and height
My thoughts can think, when feeling out of sorts
For in the hearts of heart, lies unconscious vulnerability.
I doubt thee to the level of each day
Where trust wrestles with doubt, by day and by night
I doubt thee often, as women are to maladies of self doubt:
I doubt thee painfully, as I torment myself.
I doubt thee with a darkness that put our love
With a sinister tinge, and with my lack of faith
With my lost sanity --- I doubt thee with my heart,
Mind, soul of me, such insecurity! --- and, if only you would prove true
I shall but doubt thee not if I could but believe thee.
If only faith and trust came so easily.
Kel. 10 May 2005.
2 comments:
Ah hah! finally managed the stupid comment tag.
i'll start -
reply to "chaotic whimsy"
Post a Comment